Photo Catríona Kenny
The Excel Ballet School is Lead by
Tamsin Greene Barker.
The Excel Dance School holds six classes every Saturday for students aged four to eighteen. Students learn classical ballet technique in a fun and engaging environment. Ballet is an excellent foundation for all forms of performance and contributes to a child’s personal and physical development. At the Excel Dance School, students learn posture, coordination, concentration, teamwork, musicality and rhythm. Students are given the opportunity to take IDTA examinations and to perform in the Excel Centre Theatre. Our aim is to enable students to express themselves creatively, develop their self-confidence and discover the joy of dance.
New students are always welcome to come along to sample the classes. For more information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call 062 80520.
The classes are led by Tamsin Greene Barker, a qualified teacher with the International Dance Teachers Association (IDTA), a leading dance examination board. Her training includes:
- Phil Winston's Theatre Works
- Gaiety School of Acting
- South Dublin Dance Academy
- West End Stage Academy London
- London Academy of Music and Dramatic Art (LAMDA) Speech and Drama Gold Medal
- International Dance Teachers Association (IDTA) professional teaching qualification
- Director of Dance Department at YMCA Camp Cullen Texas (Summer 2016)
- Co-founder and choreographer, Trinity Musical Theatre Society
- Choreographer, Tipperary Youth Theatre
- Dance captain, Tipperary Musical Society
- English Youth Ballet
- Game of Thrones, Ripper Street and Fair City.